It’s one thing to prepare for a temporary disaster like an earthquake or hurricane. It’s a whole other thing to prepare for a long-term disaster that cripples the power grid, communication systems, and transportation networks. Without those, we’d basically be living in the 1800’s again.
Back then things were very different. People were more hands-on. To get through day-to-day life, they needed all sorts of skills that many people have never even heard of. These skills were so commonplace that they were often take for granted. The average pioneer may have thought, “How could anyone not know how to make soap?”
The modern world has made life so easy that there’s simply no need to learn pioneer skills. But if we face a big enough disaster, that will change fast. Below is a list of 17 lost survival skills that are worth learning if you really want to be prepared for the end of the world as we know it. If your ancestors were able to learn these skills, then so are you.
1. Sewing clothing by hand is going to be the norm after shopping malls and department stores become a thing of the past. You’ll need to know how to use a needle and thread and make patterns. Additionally, you’ll need to know how to sew buttons and apply patches to clothing as needed.
2. Knitting is another useful skill you’ll want to have. Without clothing stores, you’ll need to know how to knit socks, hats and fluffy sweaters. Especially in the winter. Another benefit of knitting is the ability to make clothes that you can barter for the things you need.
The devil’s finest trick was to persuade you that he doesn’t exist.
3. Making soap will come in handy when your supply of soap runs out or is destroyed. You don’t want to risk your health by not being able to wash your hands regularly. Plus, you’ll feel much more comfortable if you can clean yourself every now and then. Fortunately, soap making is a skill that anyone can learn.
4. Fire starting without matches or a lighter is one of the most important skills you can learn. Lighters and matches are going to run out eventually, so you need to know how to start a fire without them.
5. Candle making that uses animal fats or beeswax will ensure you always have light. Your candle making ability will also give you plenty of candles to barter with.
6. Tanning hides isn’t too difficult, but there is certainly a learning curve. Learning how to scrape away the fat on the hide without tearing it will ensure every hide you harvest will be in good shape. Hides can be used in your own home, shelter, as clothing, or for barter.
7. Gunsmithing is a skill that will not only ensure your guns are kept in good working order, but could also become your trade in a post-collapse world. Learn the inner workings of various types of guns and what it takes to repair them.
8. Construction knowledge that includes how to frame a house or build log cabins will be very useful. Very few people know how to make a home that is structurally sound. You’ll want to know how to make trusses, how to make foundations from stones, and the best kinds of wood to use.
9. Gardening is something many people dabble in, but you need to have a very firm grasp on how to till fields, when to plant, how to combat plant diseases, and when to harvest. Gardening will be one of the main food sources after TEOTWAWKI and you won’t have time to practice when your life depends on it. You need to learn how to grow in bulk and how to raise crops you wouldn’t typically grow like wheat, oats, and pinto beans.
10. Food preservation without the luxury of electricity is going to be a necessity. You need to learn how to build a solar dehydrator and how to preserve meat in order to store it for months at a time without putting it in a freezer or refrigerator.
11. Butchering is something you will have to learn one way or another. You need to know how to properly cut and hang an animal so you don’t contaminate the meat. There is an art to the process of butchering an animal you have taken from the wild.
12. Herbal medicine will help you take care of yourself and your family members in a world without drug stores. That’s why you should learn how to identify medicinal plants that are found in the wild and how to use them to cure your ailments. F
13. Blacksmithing is a trade that is extremely outdated, but it will come back when large manufacturing companies are no longer around. Iron and steel will need to be forged the old-fashioned way.
14. Horse care could become a necessary skill if horses come back into fashion due to a lack of fuel for vehicles. Few people know how to ride horses, which was the main method of transportation up until 100 years ago. Learning how to ride a horse and care for one will be critical to your survival.
15. Hunting is extremely regulated today, but when it’s the only way to put food on the table, you better know how to do it. It requires some skill and knowledge of animal tracking and how they move. You also need to know the best times to go hunting and where to shoot an animal to kill it with one shot without contaminating the meat.
Learn how to easily recondition old batteries back to 100% of their working condition. Our battery reconditioning methods works for nearly all types of batteries … Learn “How To Bring Any Dead Battery Back To Life Again” Save Money And NEVER Buy A New Battery Again
If you want to know how to recondition batteries , almost all types of them, pay attention to all the details mentioned below. Want proven and 100% working method ? Try follow this video .
Emergency PREPAREDNESS PACKS See collection:
The Lost Ways – The most important skills from our great-great-grandfathers that will actually keep you alive in any situation
EZ Battery Reconditioning – Learn how to easily recondition old batteries back to 100% of their working condition.
Blackoutusa – Darkest Days – This Could Kick-Start WW3 “ISIS plots to put the entire American nation on our knees”
Survive The End Days – All the Biblical signs of the end times have been fulfilled and we are living in the last days
Alive After The Fall – A story of an apocalypse that will befall America in the coming future
Conquering The Coming Collapse – Learn Top Survival Strategies When Money Turns Into Dus