To get to world war, we need to change the world first or at least change conditions enough to get a significant number of people to opt out of the status quo. We also need to determine what kind of conflict will do the trick in causing a war and what an end goal might look like. Lastly, what will the destructive aims be in such a war and what tactics will be used.
This is your pre-war strategy. Today, war is mostly avoided out of fear the big dogs will show up and stomp you (the U.S., EU, Russia, and eventually China) and fear that your actions will close you off from the global economy (through sanctions, infrastructure destruction, and animosity). These are two big hurdles but both rest on the global economy working (in that it is based on mutual respect, enforcement of contracts, the ability to do business internationally, and long-term growth) so find a way to severely disrupt capitalism. Options include a bottom-up grassroots movement of discontent and/or lawlessness to shake the foundations of established power, a more broad movement adopting heavy socialism/communism/fasci
In messing up the status quo, your goal is to reverse globalization’s integration. This will lead to more tensions and less common understanding and with that, you have a repeat of international, regional, and global tensions. Big countries might see themselves as regional police forces and will act to not only pacify neighbors but subjugate them as well. Examples include the U.S. in the Caribbean and Central America, Russia and former USSR satellites, the British Empire and the world, etc. Timeline: Plan on this whole process taking a decade from the time of the depression, like the interwar years between WW1 and WW2.
FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS THEY HAVE KEPT THE LID ON THIS…BUT NOW THIS INDEPENDENT DOCUMENTARY REVEALS THE DARK CONSPIRACY THAT MAY WIPE OUT 281 MILLION AMERICANS IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS. ITS DIRECTOR WAS THE ONLY ONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO EXPOSE THIS…WHILE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS TOO BUSY WITH KIM KARDASHIAN TO SHOW YOU THE REAL NEWS…
Figure Out The War: From the flash points mentioned above, I’m partial to an Eastern Europe conflict. You have a staunch Russia, an indifferent or incapable Western Europe, debt laden states lining the Mediterranean, a nervous Scandinavia, and ethnic and immigrant tensions throughout (especially in the Balkans and former Soviet Bloc). But what sort of war will this be? What will be the cause? What will the battles be like? Without taking a ton of space, here are the cliff notes:
- Cause: Russian expansion. Since factions in Eastern Europe refuse to submit to Russian influence and rule (more so than today), there would be all sorts of attacks and resistance, one of which (perhaps an irregular bombing like the 2003 Stavropol train bombing) will cause Russia to invade parts of Europe (the poor Baltic states, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine).
- Sides: Russia would have Belarus, a few Central Asian countries (Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan), Serbia, and a few out-of-theater states like the Assad regime (what’s left of it), Venezuela, and India (sort of) as allies whereas those defending Europe will be standard NATO partners, Finland, Norway, Georgia (until they’re overrun), and a lot more out-of-theater nations like Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, South Korea, Kuwait, and South Africa. In general, ground forces will be on Russia’s side but firepower will eventually be on the West’s side. Two powers will try to stay out of hostilities, Iran and China, while others will try to be neutral, Greece, Switzerland, most of South America, and much of Southeast Asia.
- Strategies & Tactics: Russian Special Forces and paramilitary units will go in to target countries to stir up nationalist and corruptive forces before any invasion. Though having a large Russian ethnic population will work with places like Ukraine, it will become increasingly hard to assert this the further west they advance. However, this will likely not be a problem as Russia would not feel the need to justify its actions (remember, this is a less connected world). This kind of insurgency followed by more conventional forces will allow unconventional units to continually advance up until borders are locked down, likely from Germany to Italy BUT here’s where it gets interesting. Greece, Italy, and Spain could be so debt ridden that Russia could convince them to join their side (more as supply points and logistical support) in exchange for economic relief that Russia is able to manufacture and/or steal from conquered nations. Meanwhile, the U.S. would pick off Russia’s naval and cyber assets (this is to say the Internet is still as it is today), leaving the war to be fought on the ground with constant air defenses advancing through Europe. As for Russia’s eastern coast, America would have open reign.
- Destruction: One would think the Russians would try to limit destruction as they roll through Europe but this hasn’t been their behavior in other engagements. If we’re going to adopt the broken window fallacy, we’ll say that any damage will be fixed by the glorious new Russian state. It will also be costly in casualties as folks in Eastern Europe know what it’s like to live under Russian rule.
- Endgame: Concessions and Population. Russia will want to expand its economy by growing its physical space, especially with the economies of Poland, Estonia, and (if they can get it) Finland. They also will demand tribute from Western Europe if things really go well for Russia.
This would assume that we do not nuke ourselves out of existence. Most super powers a reluctant to use nukes, due to the mutually assured destruction that would come with it. If World War III goes nuclear, then their are no winners, only survivors.
Watch this free survival video and Learn How to Make the Ultimate Survival Food: Pemmican was light, compact, high in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and if done properly can last anywhere from a few years (decades) up to a lifetime without refrigeration!